Program deadlines are approaching. Purchases and installs must be made by December 31, 2014. See rebate application for details.
FirstEnergy's Ohio utilities have contracted with Honeywell to administer this program. This site and its content are maintained by Honeywell.
Right now, residential customers of Ohio Edison, The Illuminating Company and Toledo Edison, can save energy and money with rebates on heating and cooling solutions.
Save Now and for Years to Come
The savings start up front with rebates you can earn one of two ways:
- Tune up* an existing HVAC system
- Replace a less efficient system with the latest
high-efficiency HVAC technology
The savings continue month after month with reduced energy usage and increased efficiency.
- * Customer is eligible for one tune up rebate per unit every 5 calendar years.
Earn Rebates on Qualified Purchases and Services
Work with a participating contractor* to receive valuable rebates on ENERGY STAR® qualified HVAC solutions:
- $25 on the tune up of an existing central air conditioner, heat pump or geothermal – bring your system back to peak operating efficiency to improve performance and energy savings
- Up to $350 on the installation of a new high-efficiency central air conditioner or ductless system – reduce your cooling costs by as much as 30 percent**
- Up to $400 on the purchase of an air-to-air or ductless heat pump – install an energy-efficient alternative to traditional furnaces and air conditioners to save energy all year long
- $600 on the installation of an ENERGY STAR® qualified geothermal heat pump – take advantage of a renewable and efficient technology for heating, cooling and often, water heating
- $25 on an ENERGY STAR qualified room air conditioner – uses at least 10 percent less energy than conventional models**
Experienced and professional, a participating contractor can assess your current system, explain your options and perform a quality system tune-up or installation.
Start Saving Today
Take advantage of these and other energy-saving rebates from FirstEnergy's utilities! Click here to download a comprehensive list of Residential Energy Efficiency Programs and available rebates.
- Your participation in these programs reduces demand for electricity, which results in energy efficiency resource credits being created. Through your participation in these programs, you agree to allow your utility to take ownership of and aggregate these credits and sell them into the market. Proceeds from these sales will be used to reduce the costs charged to our customers to administer these programs.
- *HVAC contractors who perform work under this program are not affiliated with FirstEnergy’s utilities or Honeywell International Inc. and neither FirstEnergy’s utilities nor Honeywell International Inc. make any promise, warranty or representation regarding work performed by such contractors.
- **Source: www.energystar.gov