- PROGRAM UPDATE -
Energy efficiency rebate programs have been extended.
FirstEnergy's utilities have contracted with Honeywell to administer this program. This site and its content are maintained by Honeywell.
Right now, residential and small commercial* customers of Ohio Edison, The Illuminating Company and Toledo Edison (FirstEnergy’s utilities), can save energy and money with rebates on heating and cooling solutions.
- * (rate code GS)
Save Now and for Years to Come
The savings start up front with rebates you can earn one of two ways:
- Tune up an existing HVAC system
- Replace a less efficient system with the latest high-efficiency HVAC technology
The savings continue month after month with reduced energy usage and increased efficiency.
Earn Rebates on Qualified Purchases and Services
Work with a participating contractor* to receive valuable rebates on ENERGY STAR® qualified HVAC solutions:
- $25 on the tune up of an existing central air conditioner, heat pump or geothermal – bring your system back to peak operating efficiency to improve performance and energy savings
- $150 on the installation of a new high-efficiency central air conditioner –reduce your cooling costs by as much as 30 percent**
- $400 on the purchase of an air-to-air heat pump – install an energy-efficient alternative to traditional furnaces and air conditioners to save energy all year long
- $600 on the installation of an ENERGY STAR® qualified geothermal heat pump – take advantage of a renewable and efficient technology for heating, cooling and often, water heating
- *HVAC contractors who perform work under this program are not affiliated with FirstEnergy's utilities and FirstEnergy's utilities make no promise, warranty or representation regarding work performed by such contractors.
- **Source: www.energystar.gov